Now Hiring: Construction Superintendent
Coordinates job site construction activities and supervises field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and supervises construction activities.
- Directs field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems. Develops and takes ownership of detailed daily and weekly schedules in accordance with master schedule and recognizes key schedule milestones. Understands critical construction activities and their effect on schedule milestones, and effectively communicates scheduling requirements to subcontractors, suppliers and project team members.
- Understands the project budget and construction costs, and manages/works to ensure maximized production in accordance with budget.
- Orders materials and manages deliveries throughout construction. Manages the staging of materials, keeps a clean and clear site with safe access to work areas.
- Understand the inspection and permit process for the municipality that work is being undertaken and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans and specifications and recognizes details and information required for scheduled work to be undertaken, communicating to Project Manager additional information that may be required.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepares, schedules and supervises completion of a final punch list.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, performs regular site safety inspections and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office. Keeps on-site documentation, including drawings and design documents, safety documents, delivery dockets, copies of permits, site signage etc in a neat and organized manner.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment and successfully and positively communicate with supervisor, members or other departments, peers, customers and vendors.
- Must perform work in a professional manner at all times and understand that they are performing as a representative of the company.
- Organization – Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Communication – Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving – Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills – Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Knowledge — Through understanding of construction practices including light commercial and residential.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience degree preferred.
- 2-10+ years of successful Superintendent experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.
- Experience in Historic Renovations and Multi-Family strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office: MS Project , Word, Excel and Outlook).
- A self-starting, highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality and safety.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contexts.
- Works easily with others.
To apply contact Brent at firstname.lastname@example.org.