When we combine state-of-the-art HVAC systems with our top-of-the-line insulation package and building envelope, the result is spectacular energy performance.
Geothermal heat pumps are among the most efficient HVAC devices produced today. These systems are standard(!) at our Model 1, 2, and 3 homes and rehabilitated homes in the Botanical Grove neighborhood. Here’s a primer on how we install our systems (with thanks to Ed Wieman of Hauser Mechanical for his design expertise):
1. Drill two 150’ deep ground wells and insert looped piping (see diagram below). The conditioned water we run through the piping absorbs the earth’s free constant 60ish temperature.
2. Run pipes into basement below grade and fit to the heat pump.
3. Install house ductwork to supply tempered air to the house, tightly seal all duct connections.
4. Connect energy recovery ventilator (ERV) to the ductwork to supply fresh air into the house and remove odor and moisture from the bathrooms – no wasted bathroom air vented out the roof.
Fresh air in, stale air out
5. Pipe the electric water heater into the Desuper connection loop inside the geothermal heat pump – free hot water when the air conditioner is running!
6. Wire the programmable thermostat and startup the system. Enjoy the low utility bills.
Take a look at the HVAC system comparisons from our supplier, Bosch, for the great energy savings and carbon footprint reduction you can expect from our systems.
Based on the HERS rating measurements that our independent energy auditors have calculated, our new homes perform almost 50% better than a typical new home. If you’d like to know more, please visit our display home at 4258 McRee and we’ll show you in person.
This weekend we launched a new layer to our website, which allows you to customize one of our homes online and get an instant pricing estimate. You’ll get explore our floor plans, finish options, and extra features before meeting with our sales manager.
Check it out, build your home, and tell your friends!
We’ve got a lot of events coming up in the next few weeks!
Come see us at:
Green Homes & Great Health Festival
Saturday, September 28, 2013 @ The Missouri Botanical Garden
Spoke Architectural Bike Tour (stops at UIC)
Sunday, September 29, 2013
Tours begin at Forest Park at 7:40 am and will leave very 20 minutes until 10:40 am
For more information, go to: http://stldesignweek.com/events/spoke-architectural-bike-tour/
Revitalize St. Louis’ BIG BIG TOUR
Sunday, September 29, 2013 11am – 3pm
Tours start at the Starbucks on Grand. For more information, visit http://bigbigtour.org/
Historic Shaw Art Fair
4100-4200 blocks of Flora Pl.
Saturday Oct. 5 9am-5pm
Sunday Oct. 6 10am-5pm
Hope to see you soon!
The neighborhood made a great showing in this year’s Riverfront Times “Best of St Louis.” Congrats to Elaia & Olio and Chouquette!
Continue to the full article.
We’re happy to release our shiny new version of our website! We hope you’ll take some time to browse through our available homes. We have a few projects “on the boards” too, so keep checking back for updates!
We’ll be using the “blog” portion of the site to keep you informed of all things related to green homebuilding. What is a geothermal heat pump? Why is our way of framing houses more efficient? Where can you find more information about the finishes we put in our homes? It will all be right here in the blog. Stay tuned!
Also, don’t forget to join us for the GRAND OPENING of our new display home, 4258 McRee.
Saturday, May 4, 2013