Responsible for all construction and financial aspects of multiple projects including budgets, contracts, supervising personnel on the project. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices in order to successfully complete the projects on schedule and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and supervises construction activities.
- Prepares and submits budget estimates and cost tracking reports.
- Prepares contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements.
- Responsible for all job costs, invoice approvals, and monthly draw/invoice preparation.
- Directs field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Maintain a working relationship with municipal and governing authorities and have a specific knowledgebase on local and national building codes and permitting.
- Be versed in reading blueprints, and creating ‘takeoffs’ of blueprints for bidding materials and labor.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepares, schedules and supervises completion of a final punch list.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately. Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Organization – Must be extremely organized and capable of addressing various issues at any given time on multiple projects. Must be able to see all aspects of the projects to close, not allowing any details to go unattended
- Finance – Responsible for maintaining and reviewing an accurate financial statement for each project in coordination with accounting. Identify issues and provide remedy for any discrepancies in the financial statements.
- Budgeting – Have a working knowledge of construction costs and market price for work performed to collaborate with subcontractors in bidding jobs.
- Communication – Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving – Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of successful Project Management experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office: Project, Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A self-starting, highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality and safety.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities and work within an integrated practice
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
To apply contact Brent at firstname.lastname@example.org.